Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Wendy likes to cook.

I like to cook all kinds of food, and of course I like to take pictures of the food I cook too, like those fancy food blogger people. Problem is I end up with a bunch of pictures that I don't get around to posting or blogging. So, I thought I'd compile some of the food pictures I have taken and post them, here, today. I should be doing laundry or cleaning up the kitchen, but I'm going to do this.


Spinach Palak Paneer - India
My kids love Indian food, so we have it quite often. The meal usually includes rice, and the "green stuff", naan (indian flat bread), and one or two different spiced chicken dishes. If you haven't ever had Indian food you really should give it a chance, it's delicious, and nutritious! If you are wondering what that stuff in the frying pan is, well, it's Paneer, Indian cheese that you can fry. Fried cheese, it doesn't get any better than that.



There should be a box of Lucky Charms in that collage because that's what we have for breakfast on St. Patrick's Day. The only day of the year that I give in to sugar laden, red dye #40, crunchy marshmallow, empty calorie cereal! I gotta stay with the theme. This is our traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner. I'm not quite sure what my family would do to me if it wasn't on the table on March 17th. Hopefully we won't have to find out for a long time. I'm not so big on red meat, so this slab of carnage is a real treat for the meat lovers in the bunch, but the real favorite it the Irish Soda bread. I don't know why the kids like it so much, it just tastes like a saltine cracker in bread form. There is actually a Society for the Preservation of Irish Soda Bread, read about it here.

sushi


I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, SUSHI! So, my wonderful husband let me take a sushi making class a few years ago. That was one of the best $65 I ever spent. The kids have all come around now too. These pictures were taken with a point and shoot, so don't judge the picture quality. I don't quite remember what's on the one in the middle. Kinda looks like a slug, but I'm pretty sure that's not what it is. A lot of people think that sushi is always raw fish, but it isn't. Sushi means "sour-tasting" and refers to the vinegar in the sushi rice. You can read more about the history of sushi here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sushi

No comments:

Post a Comment